Wominjeka. Welcome. We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we meet, the Wurrundjeri people of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respect to their Elders past, present and emerging. We also acknowledge our gratitude that we share this land, our sorrow for some of the costs of that sharing and our collective hope and belief that we can move to a place of equity, justice and partnership together.
We are located in the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges in the village of Tecoma. We are a Christian Church devoted to serving our local community. You’re welcome to have a look around our website or come and visit us.
Worship services are held every Sunday at 10am, 1566 Burwood Highway, Tecoma.
Church Office Hours:
Tuesday 9am – 5pm
Friday 12pm – 5pm
Invitation to join us for Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner
Come and celebrate Shrove Tuesday with us and help support the work of Uniting. 5pm – 7:15pm at the church. We’ll have a selection of savoury and sweet pancakes will be available for $5 per person, $10 per family.
Funds raised from Pancake Day are used by Uniting Vic. Tas to help some of the most vulnerable and marginalised people in our communities.
These range from emergency relief for families facing food crisis, to supporting homeless people into permanent accommodation; from finding work for people with disability to supporting an older person to live independently in their own home.
Some helpful information in response the current Bushﬁre Crisis
As part of the Uniting Church response Uniting Vic/Tas is already engaged in many areas where the bushfires have struck and will continue be part of the response and recovery effort for the months ahead. To help meet gaps already identified and to enable longer term relief and recovery they have launched a Uniting Bushfire Appeal, which we urge you to support.
You can find the appeal at
Uniting Church Appeal or call 1800 668 426.
Other Financial ways to help
- Australian Red Cross Disaster Recovery and Relief
- Salvation Army Disaster Appeal
- St Vincent de Paul Society Bushfire Appeal
- Support the Country Fire Authority with the great work that they do.
- Support Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund for assistance specific to the Gippsland area.
- Support the thousands upon thousands of injured or displaced wildlife here, here or here. Channel your feelings of helplessness, anxiety or overwhelm into donating or volunteering.
Here are some more links that you might find helpful.
This is by no means a conclusive list. Forgive us if we have missed any important links and feel free to get in touch to let us know of anything we could add here to the list.
Ways to help
- Buy goods from affected rural communities
- Hold a fundraiser to raise money for a cause
- Become an emergency volunteer
- Donate blood
- Visit the affected communities once it’s safe to support tourism – check out this great campaign “Empty Esky”
- Help farmers to rebuild through BlazeAid
- Train with the Red Cross to become a volunteer
- Join the Animal Rescue Craft Guide to create crafts for wildlife in need
Our address is:
1566 Burwood Hwy
Tecoma VIC 3160
Melway reference 75 D9
Please contact us on (03) 9754 2177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up to date with what is happening in and around the Tecoma Uniting Church, get our latest newsletter from the “Tecoma Times” link above.